Thursday, February 18, 2010

Do you have checkbook balance phobia??

If you do...you are not alone! I used to be scared to death to balance my checkbook (even check my bank balance)...and I'm an accounting major!! The irony!! I lived in denial and didn't want to discover the reality of knowing that I had no money in the bank. Not knowing was easier to me than knowing without a shadow of a doubt that I had no money (or even worse...OVERDRAWN!!). I am making this commitment to myself and you that no matter how scared I am, no matter how much it will ruin my day...I vow to balance my checkbook at least every other day (and check my bank balance every morning). I promise to be up front and honest to myself and you. My goal is no more "nastygrams" (overdraft notices) in the mail and if I do...you will know about it too!

1 comment:

  1. I love the honesty and boldness that is you!
    I will hold you accoutnable if you do the same for me - we will overcome this!!
    Love you

    ReplyDelete